Thursday 12 April 2018

The Start of it all!


Hello Everyone, my name is Charlie otherwise known as SkarloeyFan on Twitter and YouTube.

For a very long time now I have been collecting copies of the Railway Series books by both The Rev. W. Awdry and Christopher Awdry. I own in my collection 41 of the 42 books published and multiple copies of many of them, totalling to over 200 books ranging from 1946 with my 1st Edition copy of Thomas the tank engine through to 2011 with my copy of Thomas and his Friends.

Its not just the main series that I own, it is also books from some of the annuals to other railway series books like Thomas' Christmas Party.

I will also not just be the Railway series I will be showing here but also many other items of Thomas Merchandise from Ertl models to Wooden Railway Items. These I will not be doing a full review on but merely Showcasing them for you to see. If you want an in-depth look at some of these I recommend checking out ThomasCollectables Blog.



I shall be starting this Blog by reviewing the MANY copies of The Three Railway Engine I own. (Pictured Left)

Shown here is some of the books I own.

I shall not be reviewing the stories inside as this has been done by many other people who are better at that than myself.
Instead I shall be showing you all the many changes the books have gone through over the years from the covers to the illustrations.

I shall also be showing you how the books have changed with the times and how their wording changed too (one book in particular).

One by one I will be working through all the books and showing other parts of my collection.
Some of the items here you might have never seen before or also own yourself, in your own collections.

Many of these Items I have having to go off of what I see as not much is know about them, otherwise I am getting my information about them from other collectors and also the Thomas Wikia.


Please keep an eye out for my future blog posts and I hope you enjoy reading along and learning new things about the Railway Series so many people love and enjoy.



1 comment: